International Museum Forum
MUSEUMS` COLLECTIONS FOR THE FUTURE
dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan
Kazan, 8-12 September 2020
Museums have always been created for the benefit of society, preserving the history and heritage of various cultures and social groups. Nowadays there are a lot of conflicts and risks in the world; however, museums and their collections influence the development of society, its humanistic values and cultural traditions, promote education and enlightenment, and foster the interest in the world cognition.
Museums are facing issues and challenges of interacting with society through the representation of collections. There are no simple and universal answers for them, but the Forum will allow to get acquainted with successful practices and think about possible solutions.
Issues for discussion:
- The development strategies of museums
- Museum collections and preservation of historical and cultural heritage
- Science in the museum
- Museum as a place for education
- New trends in the exhibition design
- Museum resources in the development of cultural tourism
- Trends in the development of Museum information technologies
- Accessibility of museum collections for different audiences
Events during the forum
- Annual Conference of the International Committee for Collecting of the International Council of Museums (COMCOL). Theme: Collecting Diversity: Divergence as Dialogue
- Russian Committee of the International Council of Museums Board meeting
- VI International Forum of Association of Literary Museums
- XV International Forum of Pushkin Museums
- The annual meeting of the International Committee of The Victory Museum
- Meeting of the Association of the Music museums and collectors
- Meeting of the Council of Museums of Volga Federal District
- Congress of the school museums
- Digital transformation of museums
- Museum as a place for education
- Museums of archaeology and archaeology in museums
- Museum interpretation of history: challenges of the time
- Museum and tourism
- Corporate museums
The program of the Forum includes plenary and thematic sessions, round tables and discussions.
We invite professionals from Russian and foreign museums, archives, libraries, educational and scientific institutions, representatives of government, tourism, business and all who are interested in the development of partnership with museums.
Russian, Tatar, and English will be official languages of the Forum.
How to register for the Forum
For participation in the Forum, please fill out the registration form.
The registration deadline for participation with the paper – June 1, 2020.
The registration deadline for participation without papers – August 8, 2020.
If you would like to participate in the Forum with a paper, you should send an abstract (not more than 1000 characters) to the organizing committee. Abstract should be written in Russian or English. Abstracts should be sent to: email@example.com (Theme of the letter «FORUM»). The organizing committee has the right to reject paper abstracts that do not correspond to the topic and / or scientific level of the Forum. organizing committee will inform all applicants regarding the approval of their paper proposal.
All speakers, would like to have their papers to be published in the conference proceedings, should prepare a full paper and send it to the organizing commitee before July 1, 2020. Full text should be written in accordance with the technical requirements (Attachment 1)
Being a speaker, you could participate in the Forum in person or just send your paper to the organizing committee if you are not able to come to Kazan. All materials of the conference will be published by the beginning of the Forum. The organizing committee reserves the right to select materials for publication.
The registration fee is 1000 rubles and includes working materials, cultural program, transfer and coffee breaks.
Sightseeing tours are planned for September 11, participation in them is paid separately. The programme and information about the cost of each tour will appear on the site in the “Programme” section soon.
In case of registration after August 8 (via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) the registration fee will be 1500 rubles (onsite payment).
Transport costs, meals and accommodation should be covered by participants.